LTI 1.3 with Blackboard
These instructions describe how to register Auralia and Musition as an LTI 1.3 tool in the Blackboard Learn LMS (learning management system) and create assignments.
- In Blackboard, Navigate to System Admin → LTI Tool Providers → Register LTI 1.3 Tool Providers
- Click Register new LTI 1.3 tool
- Enter the client ID: eaaaa110-78ec-405d-8749-9a50121bea36 . The required URLs will be pre-filled automatically.
- Note the deployment ID. You will need to send this to email@example.com for your Blackboard to be linked to your Auralia / Musition cloud service.
- Set the tool status to approved.
- Set "User Fields to Send" to enable the role, user name and email.
- Set "Allow grade service access" to Yes.
- Set "Allow Membership Service Access" to Yes.
- Click submit.
Send the deployment ID via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Placements for the tools will be added automatically.
Using the tools
Auralia Practice and Musition Practice can be found in the Tools page of any course where they have been enabled. You may need to specifically enable them in relevant courses. Also, ensure that LTI is enabled for the course else the tools will not launch.
To create an assignment:
- Open the Content page of the course.
- Select the Build Content menu and choose Auralia Task or Musition Task.
- Enter the name of your new task.
- Set Enable Evaluation to yes if you wish to receive a score from Auralia / Musition for the task.
- Submit the new task.
- Next, click the new task so that Auralia / Musition opens.
- Within Auralia / Musition, select an existing Auralia or Musition test or course to use or create a new one, then click Attach to associate this with your Blackboard assignment.
Migration from LTI 1.1
Add the LTI 1.3 tool as above. Blackboard will confirm that you wish to migrate the LTI 1.1 tool to LTI 1.3. Send the deployment ID via email to email@example.com.